Our team has a greater concentration of specialists than almost any other English-speaking department. Professor Greg Currie greg.
Deeper than Reason: Emotion and its Role in Literature, Music, and Art
Aesthetics, Art and Literature. Contact us Professor Greg Currie greg.
- Management, containment, risk assessment & legal issues.
- Metapsychology Online Reviews?
- Quiet Prayer.
- Schaums Outline of Basic Circuit Analysis (2nd Edition) (Schaums Outline).
- Intra-European Student Mobility in International Higher Education Circuits: Europe on the Move.
Project spotlights Cognitive and aesthetic value in cultural artifacts Learning from fiction: a philosophical and empirical study. This perspective is enriched by insights from the research of psychologists Richard Lazarus and Andrew Ortony. On her path, she encounters classic issues such as that of the author's intention and that of the authorized reading.
- Numéros en texte intégral.
- All In Startup: Launching a New Idea When Everything Is on the Line.
- Aesthetics, Art and Literature - Philosophy, University of York.
- Handbook of Isotopes in the Cosmos: Hydrogen to Gallium (Cambridge Planetary Science)?
- Recent Posts!
- Deeper than Reason: Emotion and its Role in Literature, Music, and Art - Oxford Scholarship.
- Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt?!
- Aesthetics, Art and Literature.
- The technique of my musical language.
- Chemistry of Nanocarbons;
Broadly speaking, her approach defends a reader-response theory of interpretation. This allows her to bring a more scientific answer to the old question of how literature can generate pleasure from painful material.
She here re-examines the Freudian perspective of Norman Holland who considered content as impulse and form as defense. Finally, and perhaps most convincingly, Robinson explores with subtlety the domain of music where she considers the theories of Aaron Ridley, Kendall Walton and Leonard Meyer and crosses them with those of John Sloboda and Jerrold Levinson. Of particular interest is her report on the experiments of psychologist Carol Krumhansl.
Clearly, music, as it affects us physiologically, offers the best testing ground for analysing the role of emotion in art. In this final section, Robinson concretizes her arguments with nicely described instances from Brahms, Mahler, Mussorgsky and Barber.
Jenefer Robinson, Deeper than Reason: Emotion and its Role in Literature, Music, and Art
Mail will not be published required. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.
ignamant.cl/wp-includes/55/2829-chip-localizador-de.php Email Address. On this site writer and speaker Luc Reid offers hundreds of articles on how to increase focus and drive, write more and better, and live a happier life, all grounded in current psychological and neurological research. You can use the form above to subscribe, contact Luc , follow him on Twitter , or learn more on the About page.
Related Deeper than Reason: Emotion and Its Role in Literature, Music, and Art
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved